Manaaki fellowship group
Fellowship & study
A casual hangout with people journeying with God together
The Manaaki group meets every 2nd and 4th Thursday from 7pm to 9pm for fellowship and study.
Manaakitanga is hospitality, kindness, generosity, and support.
Every hang out in Manaaki will have the same flow. Please participate as much or as little as you feel comfortable.
7.00pm | coffee, hangout and chill.
7.30pm | gather together for an opening prayer.
7.45pm | check-in.
In this check in space:
Everyone is invited to speak and know they are truly being listened to.
It is ok to “pass” checking in tonight.
Those who are listening are asked to discern God in the story of the person who is speaking – avoiding interrupting the person, correcting them etc.
That we refrain from ‘re-igniting’ anything shared in this space outside of this space. If someone feels compelled to do this then permission must be sought first by the person to be spoken to before initiating the conversation.
You can talk about anything in this space. Below are some suggestions you can use in your check-in:
- How am I, as we gather tonight?
- Where am I noticing God in my world at the moment?
- What has felt like grace for me this week?
- What am I struggling with right now?
- What thoughts, insights, or challenges have arisen for me in the readings for this week? Biblical or other
- How am I feeling about my journey with God so far?
(credit to the Community of Trinity for the suggestions above)
8.00pm | the leader introduces the topic for the night.
This includes but not limited to:
- Sharing a Bible passage followed by lectio divina (playful reflection).
- Watching a video
- Other activities
9.00pm | closing prayer
Please contact us for further information.